- Thursday, Nov 13, 9am, meet at Reading Terminal Market
- Position each of six (student) observers at different entrances and, at a predetermined time, follow the first person (or group) that enters.
- Record (on phone) everything about the person EXCEPT their appearance. This includes:
- What they buy, if anything
- Make note of their path from start to finish (be able to plot their path on the map of the market)
- Timestamp of when you start and stop following the person
- Continue anonymously following and documenting the person until they buy an item or 15 minutes passes, whichever comes first.
- If they buy an item, stop at the place where the item was bought and document + follow the next person that buys something at the same place, repeat until time is up.
- If 10 minutes passes without them buying anything, restart at the nearest entrance and document + follow the next person to enter, repeat until time is up.
- If someone is still in line at the 10 minute mark, stop tracking that person and start following the person who is currently purchasing something at the cashier.
- If you lose someone, restart at the nearest entrance.
- Stop recording at 1 hour and reconvene with other observers at designated location.On the following Tuesday, Nov 17, present concepts for how the content collected might be presented and published.